Monday, September 1, 2008

Ecuador, it was an experience.





Ecuador provided us with a good variety of experiences. We met a really cool bike shop guy that lent us bikes and took us on a mountain bike ride through the incredible lush green rolling mountains of Cuenca. Wow, was it beautiful. The only down fall (no pun intended) was that as I was dodging a bigger than life, ferocious snarling dog...I crashed! My foot swelled up and it is still swollen 12 days later. I'm not sure what I did to it but I'm milking Ward for all the sympathy I can get.

We also met up with our friend, Bryan (Pastor from the Decorah Lutheran Church). He taught in Cuenca in the past so he was our tour guide and knew all the great places to eat. It was fun to see a familiar face and speak English again.

Then it was time to remove all of our jewelry (soap and twisting works great for wedding rings) and prepare for our risky bus ride to the Colombian border.

2 comments:

gpickle said...

Holy Cow! I did not know you guys were doing this trip and I am very excited to follow along.

Ward and Jacky's Adventures said...

Hey, glad to hear you're following along. Its really been awesome!